Ofsted Report 2017
We were very pleased with our last ofsted report in September 2017. This outlined the following as strengths:
- The Priory Parish C of E Primary school is a caring school underpinned by a strong Christian ethos.
- Disadvantaged pupils make strong progress.
- Teachers plan effectively for the different abilities in their class.
- Leaders' actions to improve the quality of teaching and assessment have had a profound effect on the improvements to Key Stage 1 provision.
- This years provisional results indicate that pupils' overall progress in writing is extremely strong.
Yet we are always looking to improve. Ofsted said that some of the ways we could do this were:
- Improve further pupils' overall rates of attendance and reduce the proportion of pupils who are regularly absent from school, especially girls.
- Maintain the sharp focus on improving the overall standards in reading across the school.
- Further enhance pupils' reasoning and problem solving skills in mathematics so that more pupils excel.
Please click here to read the full report.
For previous reports please click here.